Sirius Optics have produced this specialized corrective filter that greatly reduces the false colour fringing of blue-violet light. This halo effect is most noticeable in relatively low cost achromatic refractor telescopes. The MV1 eyepiece filter is a cost effective solution that does not appreciably change the viewing colour. The MV1 is a necessary filter for the refractor telescope market. It both enhances viewing pleasure by reducing the false colour, but also eases focusing. There is less unfocused light, which tends to make it easier to find that sweet spot of focus.
- greatly reduces the false colour fringing of blue-violet light
- not appreciably change the viewing colour
- enhances viewing pleasure by reducing the false colour
- Threaded to fit 1.25" eyepieces and accessories
- Minus Violet Filter 1.25"